Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Four

TGIF!
This weekend could not come soon enough. The full week after vacation is always the absolute worst and I still haven't fully caught up on post-vacation exhaustion. I'm looking forward to finally getting caught up on sleep and blogging this weekend while remaining in my pajamas for as much as possible. 

Here is what I'm loving this week:
I'm not a huge follower of college basketball, especially since I've graduated but I am loving all the fun brackets that have come out of the NCAA Championship. Buzzfeed is currently hosting a live bracket for the hottest male celebrity and there are so many good looking men to vote for. Personally, I'm rooting for a final 4 of Zac Efron, Adam Levine, Chris Pratt and Kit Harington. Don't forget to vote!

One of my friends who traveled with me to St. Maarten last week suffered a devastating blow upon his arrival. Eric left his pup Georgia with his parents while he traveled with us for the week. While his parents drove back to Atlanta to drop Georgia back to Eric they were hit at 80mph by a drunk driver. Their car rolled a few times along the highway and miraculously his parents escaped without a scratch. However, during the chaos of the rollover, Georgia ran out of the car and into the woods. They haven't been able to catch her, however there has a been a few sightings. Atlanta bloggers and friends, please share Georgia's story so she can be reunited with her family.

I was so proud of the students of my former alma mater this weekend when they protested outside a local billboard in our area. I had driven by the billboard created by Teakwood Builders Inc a few times and found it offensive so when I saw on the news students were protesting I applauded their efforts. The billboard depicts a beautiful kitchen with the phrase 'your wife wants me' next to it. Female students lined the roads with signs stating "I can buy my own kitchen," "I prefer an office," and "Women left the kitchen decades ago". Despite the fact that the builders refuse to remove the billboard, it was very moving to see girl power in full effect in my hometown.

This week I started a new book and haven't been able to put it down. The Cuckoos Calling tells the story of Cormoran Strike, a struggling private investigator hired to look into the "suicide" of famous supermodel Lulu Landry. With the help of a new assistant, Strike plunges into the celebrity world to determine if Lulu's death was actually murder. I love a good mystery novel and this is definitely a fun read.

What are you loving this week?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I've seen the search for the pup posts all over my FB! Hope they are reunited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading that book as well! It is pretty good so far!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Guy March Madness?! That sounds amazing hahaha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great favorites, omg I love the hot guy march madness so perfect! Have a lovely weekend :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hot Guy March Madness is great! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I am LOVING this hot guy final four deal. Totally on board with your top 4, too, by the way! Have a great weekend :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Cuckoo's Calling is next on my reading list. I'm reading Girl on a Train right now! So sorry to hear about Georgia! I've shared it with some of my family that lives near Atlanta!

    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo