Thursday, March 19, 2015

5 Jewelry Pieces Every Girl Should Own

The right accessories can make or break an outfit so it's important to invest in a few pieces that will be sure to add some pizzazz to your wardrobe. The key is to stand out in a good way and find pieces that make you shine. Great accessories don't have to break the bank either, there are plenty of affordable pieces out there that are cheap and stylish. Accessorizing can be confusing for some ladies so I'm here to talk about my 5 favorite investment pieces.
  1. Bangles: I'm a big fan of rocking the "arm party" where there are multiple bracelets stacked. Yes, it may jingle when you walk but layering bangles add personality to an outfit. I suggest investing in a few basic gold bangles that you can pair with any outfit or other jewelry set.
  2. Statement Necklace: The goal of accessorizing is to enhance an outfit, especially on those days when you're feeling uninspired by your generic outfit. The statement necklace turns a boring outfit into an interesting one. I suggest owning three different statement necklaces: a metallic one that can go with multiple outfits, the long statement necklace that will look great with dresses and sweaters, and the pop of color necklace for when you're feeling feisty!
  3. Conversation Piece: Jewelry is all about telling a story and expressing yourself so I love the idea of having a piece that gets other people talking. A conversation piece can be the statement necklace listed above, or it could be a funky ring, long chandelier earrings, or a crazy bracelet. Kate Spade makes some of my favorite conversation jewelry because they always have pieces that have silly says on them that stand out.
  4. Watch: I'm new to this bandwagon, in fact I just bought my first watch a couple weeks ago. In the past I always just used my phone to check the time, but I was unaware of how a watch can be used as a fun accessory more than a practical product. Watches look great layered with bangles (see #1) and can be a great piece for the working girl looking to feel professional in the office.
  5. Simple Gold: Most of the jewelry I listed above is bold but I definitely can appreciate the simplicity of a delicate gold necklace or ring. Not all outfits call for a crazy piece of jewelry and sometimes feminine chains can add a nice touch.
What are your go-to jewelry pieces?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love the watch! Its sooo cute!

    <3 xoxo colli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that statement necklaces! These are definitely things that should be in every girl's jewelry box :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% agree with all of these! Love your watch!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep totally agree! I didn't have a watch until a year ago and now I have three.. oops!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo