Friday, March 6, 2015

6 Coats To Invest In This Spring

Believe it or not, spring will be here eventually. According to the calendar the first day of spring is March 20th and even though the calendar doesn't always reflect the weather outside, it doesn't hurt to start looking at spring outerwear before the weather warms up. For me, there are 6 coats worth investing in for the upcoming months...
  1. Raincoat - For the past 4 months I've gotten snow where I live on a weekly basis but when everything thaws out, snow turns to rain. Raincoats are the perfect time to be bold and pick a bright color. Personally, I love a yellow raincoat because nothing screams spring more than a sunny yellow.
  2. Jean Jacket- One of the best accessories a girl can own is a jean jacket. There are so many ways to wear them, from pairing them with a white jean or throwing it over a floral dress. A classic jean jacket will never go out of style so it's a great investment piece.
  3. Military Jacket- Olive green can be the perfect neutral color to add to your wardrobe. A military jacket is perfect for those chillier spring days because its heavier than the typical raincoat or jean jacket and it looks great with a pair of boyfriend jeans.
  4. Trench Coat- For the working girl, a classic trench coat is a great piece to add to your wardrobe. It's sleek and tailored look compliments any body type and it's most likely the most flattering, timeless and versatile coat a girl could own.
  5. Leather Jacket- I know some may think a leather motorcycle jacket may not fit their sense of style but every girl needs a jacket that makes her feel like a rock star. Both brown and black leather jackets are a stylish addition to a wardrobe, especially when paired with a feminine blouse or dress to compliment the masculine rocker style.
  6. Statement Coat- For 5 long winter months we are cornered into wearing generic neutrals: black, grey, white and navy. Now that spring has sprung it's time to go for bright colors and outrageous prints. Whether it be a bold stripe or a fun floral, a statement coat is sure to brighten your mood.

Military Jacket // Leather Jacket // Striped Coat

What's your go-to spring outerwear?
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. A trench coat is on my wish list! I want to invest in one that will last forever but some of the price tags are a little scary ahha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a jean jacket I got from American Eagle years ago, and I wear it all the time! It definitely goes with everything - I usually wear mine over dresses if it's still a little too cool to go sleeveless.

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore that yellow rain coat and the trench coat! I have to buy those! Although generally, in the spring I just wear hoodies and my track pullover so I feel like I'd never actually wear it until winter!

    Alyssa The Runner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a raincoat SOOO bad! I'm asking for one for my birthday. :)

    -Em
    http://emandlivs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes and yes! I need all these coats!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one and a good trench!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo