Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Thoughts + A Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday!
The best part about this Sunday is that it is basically like a Saturday because I have a 3 day holiday weekend! Days like this make me wish that we had 3 days off every week! 
Also how awesome is this quote?! I really loved the message behind it: be proud to be who you are. It's definitely a great message for all females.
Heres a quick summary of my past couple days:
  • Friday night I went out to dinner with my family to celebrate my first week on the job. I was so exhausted after a long week that I had no desire to do anything afterwards which meant a nice relaxing Friday.
  • Last night I went out for margaritas with my girlfriends. We have this terrible habit of planning outings on the night of a snow storm, but we trekked out in the snow and had a couple of weekend beverages and plenty of laughs.
  • I also managed to catch some of the SAG Awards last night, how beautiful was Lupita and JLaw's dress? They are such fashion icons. 
  • This morning I attended a fundraiser brunch for a family friend who is battling cancer. They had such a huge turn out and raised a bunch of money to cover the medical bills which was awesome.
  • The rest of my Sunday will be spend running errands at Target and grocery shopping. Then possibly back into my PJs...
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Those drinks look SO yummy! And I totally loved JLaw & Lupita's dresses as well- I feel like they're both becoming major fashion icons. It sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! That is so great that they were able to raise money for such a great cause! This weekend I have been relaxing since I have a mini four day break from school!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long weekends are the best and it sounds like you are making the most of it. To bad I have been trapped inside writing all weekend.

    Ashley | History in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky you have a long weekend!! I'm definitely a bit jealous, so make the most of it :)

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I love that quote! Hope you enjoy your monday off :)

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been recouping after having all 4 impacted wisdom teeth out.

    Lupita's dress was EVERYTHING.

    www.thesequinedswans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time Saturday night, time with my girflfriends is always the best. I love that quote, you always chose the perfect quotes. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a night out with margs and the girls! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo