Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Recommendations


So part of the benefits of my job is that I get a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks a day, allowing me to step away from my computer screen and rest my eyes. So lately I have been doing a lot of reading, which is perfect because reading more books is on my 25 Before 25 list. Last week I finished Orange is the New Black, and I highly recommend it. However, now that I am reading more I really need some recommendations from you guys. I'm open to pretty much anything (although I'm not a huge fan of Notebook-like books or movies... sometimes I think I have a black heart and get bored by the same old love story). Although it should be known that I am a sucker for celebrity autobiographies...
Next on my list will probably be Gone Girl because I've heard such great things about it but after that I'm stumped on what to try next. 

So I need your help, what books do you recommend?
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Great recommendations! I have also heard that gone girl is a great book. Great quote!

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend The Devil Wears Prada! I can't put it down!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I bet I would enjoy The Devil Wears Prada! Thanks Hunter, I'm adding it to my list!
      xo

      Delete
  3. I agree with Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada is a really great book! I also like Bowling Avenue, if you are looking for a good laugh you should definitely check out one of Celia Rivenbark's book, Paris, My Sweet is a really, really good book, and I love the book Are You A Jackie Or A Marilyn.

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you so much for all your recommendations Lauren, I really appreciate it. I will definitely be looking into some of these books and adding them to my list!
      xo

      Delete
  4. I love the The Devil Wears Prada like Lauren & Hunter as well :)
    I'm a big classics fan myself, I recently finished up Breakfast at Tiffany's by Trumate Capote which was amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be adding BaT to my list, thanks for your recommendation Meggie!
      xo

      Delete
  5. Oo so many! Even though it's definitely a dramatic/inspiring piece of non-fiction, I highly recommend "I Am Malala." On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, "White Girl Problems" is hysterical and a psuedo-celebrity autobiography!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have too many to list! But my book list is always linked on the left side of my blog haha.

    PS: I tagged you: DMC Tag

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo