Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Thoughts + Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday!
First of all I have to give credit to my friend Nicole who posted this quote on her Instagram. I immediately became obsessed with it and made it the background on my phone. For my fellow Game of Thrones fans, it made me think of the Mother of Dragons. Anyways, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. These past two days have been a little out of the ordinary for me because it was chilly in the 518, staying in the low 70's with many clouds and scattered showers. I suddenly become lost when the weather is not so nice in the summer, here's hoping next weekend is better.

Here is a quick recap of my weekend:
  • Friday night I headed out to the Lee Outlets in MA with my mom. We had to return a couple purchases we made at Ralph Lauren and since it's only a 45 minute drive to Lee we decided to make a night of it. I'm still not in fall clothing purchase-mode mainly because all the new items are just being released and there aren't too many good sales yet. I figured if I wait until after Labor Day, the good deals will be all over. I did however pick up this J Crew Factory Field Jacket for $60---- a serious steal!
  • Saturday was an awesome catch up day. In the early afternoon I was able to get some blog posts done for the week and work on an exciting project I will be revealing to you all soon. The end of summer/early fall is shaping up to be a busy time so any free moment I have will be used to check a few things off my list.
  • After getting my errands done I went to my friend Dana's house for a outside bash. She has this amazing backyard and her family always throws the craziest parties. The only downside was it rained towards the end of the night, yuck!
  • Today is another sunless day (sigh), so instead I'm going to spend my day in the kitchen. I'm going to make steak fajitas in the crock pot for tonight, a lasagna for tomorrow and some macaroni salad! I'm a huge fan of making meals in advance so when I get home from work all I have to do is pop it in the oven!
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on that J. Crew field jacket for quite some time!! So cute and you got it for such a great deal :) Mmm lasagna sounds like a great dish to make ahead for dinners during the week- I may make one of my own! Have a great week Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me that we need to start using our crock pot!! Thanks for the reminder ;) Steak fajitas sound amazing!!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meal sounds so good! And I love that jacket! And Saturday was for sure a catch up day for me too! Hate thats its already Sunday night!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that jcrew factory jacket, LOVE!!!!
    www.shotgunsandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo