Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stop and Smell the Roses



      I'm going to switch it up today and instead of talking about clothes I'm going to focus on perfume. There are so many different scents out there but I find that I'm pretty predictable. In the summer I prefer beachy scents with hints of coconut and in the winter I like a more creamy scent. A friend of my family works at the Macy's fragrance section and I've been lucky enough to pick up a tone of those tiny free samples. She even once gave me a giant bottle of Dolce & Gabbana perfume for free which was awesome. The best part of the free samples is that I'm able to try different scents over time. I hate trying on smells in the perfume section of stores because I feel like they all mix together. 


Here are my 4 favorite perfumes:
Michael Kors: Very Hollywood
I'm a sucker for anything Michael makes, his clothes and handbags are amazing so it was pretty obvious that I would love his perfume as well. It has hints of mandarin and gardenia in it, it's a very light and pretty scent. 

Tommy Bahama Island Paradise:
I first discovered this scent when shopping on Michigan Ave in Chicago last summer. It's got this amazing clean scent with traces of coconut, the perfect summer perfume. The best part is you can buy a little roll on bottle that will last forever.

Michael Eau De Parfum:
I prefer to use this Michael Kors perfume in the winter time. It combines a number of scents including lilies, peonies, and cashmere woods. 

Tory Burch Eau de Parfum:
Bloomingdales sent me a free perfume sample of the new Tory Burch fragrance and it is amazing. It was described as a mixture of feminine and tom-boy scents and I have to agree, its an overall great scent thats not too strong. 

What is your favorite perfume?

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I really want to try out the Tory Burch perfume; I have heard so many great things about it :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new perfume, since Kate Spade decided to discontinue Twirl! I can't wait to try the new TB perfume!

    Ashley | History in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Tory Burch perfume out! I tend to wear either Marc Jacobs Daisy or Vera Wang Princess :)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to go into a store and smell the Tory Burch perfume! It sounds like something I would love! My all time favorite perfume is Burberry :)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The island paradise just soundssss like it smells good!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the Michael Kors Very Hollywood bottle looks! All of these perfumes sound wonderful!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo