Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Thought + A Weekend Recap

Some weekends just go faster than others. As I sit here at 5:30pm on a Sunday night, I'm shocked that I have to get up tomorrow for work. It's good to be busy, but sometimes I wish we had an extra day in the week set aside solely for sitting in your pajamas watching Netflix. Instead I'm thinking about all the stuff I have to get done to get myself ready for the work day tomorrow, Sundays are for packing my lunch, ironing my clothes for the week and mentally preparing myself for showing up to work at 7:00am (ugh). So in preparation for Monday morning, I thought this quote above was perfect, because sometimes when you have to wake up when it's still dark out you really need some motivation, haha!

Here is a quick recap of my weekend:
  • Friday night was that pajama day that I was discussing. I was exhausted from the week and spent my night watching television while snuggled up with Misa. Did anyone else watch the Fashion Police tribute to Joan Rivers? She really was a legend and she will be missed.
  • Saturday, despite my strict shopping freeze, I went to the mall. I wanted to check out the new Lord and Taylor they put in and it was AMAZING. Despite having a huge selection of shopping in my area, we don't have a ton of great department stores. Basically we have a Macy's and thats it. I desperately want a Nordstrom or a Neiman Marcus, but I am totally happy with the new Lord and Taylor. First of all it's huge and gives me options to shop designers like Kate Spade and French Connection! However, I kept my promise and didn't buy a single thing!
  • Saturday night I went to our local Italian Fest at the Italian Community center. It's a family tradition which turns into a mini family reunion with amazing food. It was a beautiful night outside and we were able to stuff our faces with ziti and fried dough while sitting outside.
  • Sunday morning I got coffee and bagels with friends at our local Brueggar's Bagels. Again, it ended up being a beautiful day so we sat outside and gossiped.
  • After breakfast I took my cousin to the mall for her belated  birthday gift. We always take her shopping and let her pick out whatever she wants. She has become my mini-fashionista!
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Mine was lazy, but the laziness was much needed since next week is going to be insane. Hope you have a great week, Alex!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a great weekend! We don't have any of the good department stores in Toronto so I'm crazy jealous of your Lord & Taylor. The closest one for me is 1.5 hours away :( Also, that Italian food sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote is one of my favorites! I was there was a Lord & Taylor close to where I live, I hear they are amazing! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend :)

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo