Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Recipe: Spinach Queso

Since football season has started many of you will be spending your Sundays watching the game. Personally, I'm not a football fan... despite my attempts to become a "fan" I find myself not paying attention, I guess I'm more of a basketball girl. Last weekend I was heading to a friends apartments for a little "Sunday Funday" where drinks, snacks and football were consumed. However, after the first game we ended up watching movies, much to my delight. Anyways, this little get together was a last minute decision so I needed something quick and easy to bring. I originally had planned on making a queso dip in the crock-pot but I didn't have 2 hours to cook it, so I decided on a quick and easy spinach queso that could be made in the microwave! It ended up being a big success and took all of 10 minutes to make. So for all you ladies hosting a "Sunday football viewing party" this is the recipe for you!
Ingredients:
  • 1 package of Velveeta cheese (1 lb)
  • 1 10oz can of diced tomatoes/green chills combo (something like THIS).
  • 1 8oz package of frozen TGI Friday's frozen spinach and artichoke dip
  • 1 bag of Tostidos scoops
Directions:
  • Microwave spinach and artichoke dip according to box
  • While spinach dip is microwaving, dice Velveeta cheese into cubes and place in a microwave safe bowl. 
  • Add diced tomatoes and cooked artichoke dip to Velveeta bowl, stir together.
  • Microwave Velveeta mixture for 3 minutes then take it out and stir it again. 
  • Microwave for another 3 minutes and check it again, stirring the mixture. Continue to microwave until the Velveeta cheese is completely melted and mixture is hot enough to your liking.
  • Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Have you been watching football on Sundays?
xoxo

3 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo