Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New Recipe: Chicken Florentine Alfredo

I know sometimes the recipes I post can be heavy on the pasta, but as an Italian girl we have pasta for dinner at least once a week. This means I have to come up with creative ways to make pasta fun and new each time. This is another quick and easy recipe... sometimes I feel like Rachel Ray with my love of the 30 minute meal!

Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb skinless boneless chicken strips
  • 1 package fresh spinach
  • 1 jar of Prego Artisan Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce
  • 1 package of fettuccine
  • Grated parmesan cheese for garnish

Directions:

  • Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
  • Add the chicken and cook until browned and fully cooked.
  • While chicken is cooking, boil water in a separate pan and cook the fettuccine. 
  • Stir in spinach and sauce into chicken mixture and bring to a boil.
  • Once fettuccine is cooked, drain from water and add to the chicken mixture.
  • Toss and season with black pepper and top each plate with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
  • Enjoy!
**FYI: This was the first time I made this recipe, however, in the future I would add mushrooms and red peppers to the dish for some extra flavor**

***FYI #2: I'll be back from Costa Rica late tonight so I should be back to my regular posts tomorrow or Thursday... I miss you all***

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! I will have to make this...
    xx-
    Cathleen
    www.classycathleen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a Monster Misa cookbook girly!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just called my man and told him we were changing dinner plans tonight to this. I am so excited and I am sure it will turn out great! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That recipe looks so delicious!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo