Thursday, April 9, 2015

Office Attire

I start my new job today!
I am anxious and excited to get into my new office, meet my new co-workers and finally begin a new job that will turn into a career. Change can be stressful and this move is definitely a big change for my, but I'm looking forward to new scenery and more responsibility. I'm ready to prove myself and finally get to show off my skill sets. 
One of the biggest changes in this job is the work attire. I always tried to look professional in my old job, but it wasn't uncommon to see other people in my building wearing hoodies, sneakers and even sweatpants! This new department is a little stricter on their work attire and I'm looking forward to feeling like I'm a part of a more professional department that takes pride in how they dress. I have plenty of skirts and dresses for spring that will be fun to wear. 
I picked up this skirt last weekend when I visited the J Crew Factory store. I have this skirt in so many different colors, its very flattering and comfortable. It seems like every time I visit the factory store I pick it up in a different color. As much as I love bright prints and conversational pieces, I think for my first few days in the office I'm going to (try) and be classic and simple... no leopard and neons until my co-workers start to get to know me a little better, haha!




What do you wear to work everyday? 
Is your office professional or more relaxed?

Flats, Michael Kors (old), (similar) // Necklace Francesca's (similar)
Bag Michael Kors (similar here) // Bracelets Talbots, old (similar)
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great classic look for work! Hope your first day goes well!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! Hope that you have an amazing first day, A!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and you definitely nailed the classic look! I hope you have a great first day!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm self-employed (cue me at my computer all day eer'day) so I don't "need" to be dressed professionally every day. I quickly realized though it's important to get dressed well to have a work mindset! Good luck on the new job!
    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats on the new job!!! You're gonna look & be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hop your first day went great!
    -Em
    http://emandlivs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo