Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer Reading

So I wanted to give a little book count update. I've really been keeping up with my goal of reading 2 books a month and I'm hoping this number will continue to grow as the summer months happen upon us and I spend more time lounging in the pool and on the beach. 

My 2014 List of Books I've Read (So Far):
  1. Orange is the New Black - Piper Kerman
  2. After Dead - Charlaine Harris
  3. Never Have I Ever: My Life (So Far) Without A Date - Katie Heaney
  4. Everything Is Perfect When You're A Liar- Kelly Oxford
  5. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
  6. Uganda Be Kidding Me- Chelsea Handler
  7. Divergent - Veronica Roth
  8. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
  9. Allegiant - Veronica Roth
  10. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
Next up on my list is Gillian Flynn's Dark Places, I really enjoyed her other book, Gone Girl, and once I find an author I like, I tend to want to read all of their books. Has anyone read Dark Places? 

Also I was curious on how you guys go about getting books: do you get them from the library, buy them or get them on your Kindle/Nook? I tend to like to buy books (which can be expensive) and I've decided that I am going to sign up for the Barnes and Noble Membership where I can get free shipping on any book I order and an additional discount. I'm curious to hear about your book buying strategies because I'm always looking for a way to save some extra cash. 

What is on your summer reading list?
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Whenever I have to buy books, I try to find them at Half-Price books because you can get great discounts! This summer I really want to read the next book in the Devil Wears Prada series!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a summer reading kick too and have been all about. Reading in my kindle. Still more expensive than the library, but I really love owning my books and being able to re-read them. I've read some of the books on your list, but am going to have to check out some of the others!!
    xo Liz

    Baby Got B.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressive!! I can't believe you've read all of those already - definitely an inspiration to read more on my end.

    I have a Nook, but I find that a lot of times the Nook price is just as much as a physical book - so I'm always torn! When I read books for the book club K & I joined, I like to have a physical copy so I can easily flip through at club meetings. Can't wait to see how you like "Dark Places"!

    P.S. I'm the same way with reading everything by an author I like! I think I've read every one of Dan Brown's (author of The DaVinci Code) books.

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these, I need to pick up some new books to read!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading Dark Places too and... it's definitely dark. Excited to hear you thoughts on it soon.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to check out Flynns other books also. And I am buying mine on my kindle because the Library in my town is just to far away from where I live and it is always closed when I want to go and get books. But I guess I really need to start doing that or I will be broke.

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo