Tuesday, September 8, 2015

New Recipe: Chocolate Cheesecake Pudding

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
"When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste"
I'm not a huge baker, unless it comes from a Betty Crocker box but boy do I love desserts, but when I stumbled upon a recipe for chocolate cheesecake pudding I knew I had to go out of my comfort zone and try it because it just looked that good. And man, this recipe lived up to its potential and really was super easy to make.

Ingredients for pudding:
  • 12 oz cream cheese softened
  • 1 box (5oz) chocolate cook-and-serve pudding
  • 2 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 small Hershey bar
Ingredients for whipped cream (makes a huge bowl):
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
  1. In a large microwave safe bowl, use a hand mixer to combine softened cream cheese and dry pudding mixture. Mix on low until light and fluffy.
  2. Whisk in milk and heavy cream, blending completely.
  3. Microwave the mixture according to the pudding box directions until the chocolate had thickened to a pudding consistency.
  4. Spoon the pudding into individualized bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled.
  5. In a separate bowl combine all ingredients for whipped cream and whisk until it thickens to whipped cream consistency. Refrigerate along with pudding.
  6. When ready to serve place a dollop of whip cream on top of pudding and shave chocolate from the Hershey bar on top for garnish.
  7. Enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo