Friday, February 20, 2015

Black & Blue

Phew. T.G.I.F.
We made it through another week. Luckily today was my Friday off because I don't think I would have made it another day in the office. 
I have a fun weekend ahead that actually started last night when I went for Mexican and margaritas with a group of girlfriends. Despite the freezing temperatures, nothing warms me up more than some tequila, haha. Tonight I'm finally going to see 50 Shades of Grey so I can see what all the hype is about. I don't expect it to be the next great American film, but at least now I can contribute to all the media frenzy that has been going on. Can it really be that wild of a film?! If you've seen it, please share your thoughts in the comments so I can prepare myself!
Saturday afternoon I'm going to our local Mac & Cheese Bowl with friends. Basically a bunch of local restaurants get together every year to participate in this contest judging the best macaroni and cheese. You didn't have to tell me twice, I basically ran to buy my ticket and have been looking forward to this for months. It's being held at my alma mater Siena College and I'll be sampling 30 different versions of cheesy goodness, you may need to roll me out of there when I'm done. After the bowl we plan on getting drinks... that is, if we can fit anything else in our stomachs after consuming that much mac and cheese. 
Back to the outfit at hand. I bought this turtleneck sweater in Banana Republic back when I was in high school, so it's over 7 years old but is still one of my wardrobe staples. Sometimes I pat myself on the back for making smart shopping choices so many years ago, even young Alex picked a few good ones! Since it's been so cold this week, I welcomes a warm turtleneck to keep me warm when walking to my office from the parking lot. It's going to be another brutal one today in the Northeast so I hope you're all staying bundled!





Sweater Banana Republic, old (similar) // Jeans
Sunglasses // Earmuffs, Michael Kors (similar styles here)
Boots // Bag

What are you up to this weekend?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the office part. I'm just about ready to die in the office today lol. Can't wait to read your review/ opinion on the 50 Shades of Grey movie! My weekend will be filled with errands, trying to make myself clean some and I'll be cooking dinner for me and Steve tomorrow night. I haven't decided what I'm going to make yet though.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunglasses are awesome! Mexican food is always the best way to kick off the weekend, hope you have a good one!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 Shades was good for what it is - you're right, it's not an American classic but it's a kinky romance novel and Jamie Dornan is a God. If you haven't read the books you don't NEED to but there will be some parts you'll probably LOL at or be like "WTF??!?", but in context to other scenes in the book they make sense.

    I wish I could wear turtlenecks, I just end up looking so frumpy!

    <3
    kimberrleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your blue sunglasses and handbag! Maybe I could find one of those on wholesale handbags and accessories! *crossfingers :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo