Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Thoughts + A Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday!
I am back from Syracuse and quite tired! Did anyone have a chance to watch that Syracuse vs. Duke game last night? It was super stressful, even went into overtime when they tied during the second half but luckily Syracuse prevailed! Now onto Superbowl Sunday! I personally am not a big football fan but I will be watching the game, mainly for the commercials and the excuse to eat a bunch of snack food for dinner (at least I'm honest). I'll be watching it from the comforts of my home since I am exhausted from my little weekend trip.

Here's a quick recap of my weekend:
  • We got a late start heading to Syracuse on Friday night but when we arrived, my friend Tina has ice cream sundaes waiting for us!
  • Saturday morning Christina made us breakfast (she is too good to us). She made this delicious egg bake that I will have to get the recipe for so I can share it with you all.
  • After breakfast, we walked around Syracuse campus (it was the first time I've ever been to the college). It was so fun to walk around because the campus was buzzing about the big game, everyone was wearing their orange and blue. It made me miss my college game days when the whole school united for the day for a fun event.
  • After walking around campus we went to the Destiny Mall, which I highly recommend. It is HUGE, three floors with so many shops! I ended up buying a pair of sneakers for Costa Rica for super cheap.
  • Christina did my hair in a sock bun for later that night. It was super easy and I felt very Kourtney Kardashian all night.
  • Saturday night we went to our favorite restaurant Pastabilities. If you ever visit Syracuse make sure you go there. They make the best Italian food and cocktails and we were in a serious food coma after eating there.
  • Although we didn't have tickets to the game, we went out to a local Syracuse pub to watch it and cheer on Cuse with the locals.
  • This morning we picked up, had Brueggars Bagels for breakfast and then got on the road.
I love spending the weekends with my girlfriends, it's something that I highly recommend be done ever so often because I laugh so much and it makes me realize how lucky I am to have such great supportive friends. We literally could sit around and do nothing all weekend but eat and hang out in our pajamas and I would still have so much fun. 





Do you think I can pull off a sock bun?



What did you do this weekend?
Are you having a Superbowl party today?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! I am so happy you had fun with your girlfriends!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked that sock bun! I nominated you for the Liebster Award, please check my blog tomorrow for more info!

    kira
    {apairofchicpearls.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had such a fun weekend!! I love the quote you included, too. It is SO true. it reminds me of the quote "travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer."
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had such a great weekend! I love all of these photos!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo