Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo

The finished product
Happy Tasty Tuesday guys!
         I've been trying a bunch of new recipes lately since I've been getting bored with my normal routine. This week has been getting colder so I've officially brought out the crock pot full time. Crock pots are one of the best investments you can make, especially if you don't really like to cook because there are so many recipes that only require you to dump a bunch of ingredients into the crock pot and then magically you have a meal 5 hours later.... and this Chicken Alfredo recipe is one of them.

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs chicken breast (I buy the chicken strips because I hate touching raw chicken)
  • 1/2 onion (chopped)
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 cup roasted red peppers (I bought a jar and cut them into strips)
  • 15 oz alfredo sauce
  • 4 cups broccoli florets (I bought a small bag of frozen broccoli)
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (buy a small block and shred it for better flavor)
  • 1 tbs pepper
  • olive oil
Combine all the ingredients into the crock pot!
Directions: (Can you believe there's only 4 steps?!)
  • Saute onions and red peppers in a skillet in a little oil for 5 mins
  • Set crock pot to low
  • Place all ingredients in the crock pot and mix together
  • Cook for 4 hours on low (or until chicken is cooked).
  • Enjoy!
**You can serve it with pasta or potatoes depending on whatever you prefer, I used pasta**

Don't forget I post all my recipes on Pinterest for easy access!
If you ever make one of my recipes, let me know how it turned out!
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds so good! Unfortunately, alfredo makes me sick, but I think I could substitute in a different pasta sauce and it would still taste great!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, this looks sooooo good! I got a crockpot last year and haven't used it yet- might have to christen it with this recipe ;)

    Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crockpot cooking is the one thing I am willing and able to do!

    Ashley | History in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look so good! I might try it without the chicken or with faux chicken!

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome - all of your recipes do!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo I´m more hungry right now :) You don´t follow me yet via Google Friend? :((
    Today new post, sweater or a dress? don´t miss it!
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex, you always have the best recipes and pasta dishes are my favorite!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo