Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Recipe: Chocolate Coconut Bars



        You know when you're attending a dinner party and you are trying to think of something good to bring, or when it's somebody's birthday at work and you need to bring a dessert in...well I have an easy but delicious recipe for you! I got this recipe from my aunt who always brings the Chocolate Coconut bars to family events. I love them so much that I always make sure I have room for dessert (which is not easy to do when you're surround by every Italian food imaginable). So I hope you try them out and love them as much as I do!

Ingredients: (this will make one tin of cookies, I normally double the recipe so I have enough)
  • 1 large bag of semi-sweet morsels
  • 1 large bag of shredded coconut for baking
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • Graham crackers (I typically end up using 1 sleeve per tin)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 cup walnuts or pecans (whichever you prefer)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 320 degrees
  • Melt butter and pour in bottom of tin so that it covers the entire tin (I normally use one of those cheap bendable aluminum tins you can get at the dollar store).
  • Cover the bottom of the tin with a layer of graham crackers. You may have to break them into pieces to make sure they fit all the corners. 
  • Once you have a layer of graham crackers, pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of them so all of the graham crackers are covered.
  • Alternately layer the semi-sweet chocolate morsels, shredded coconut and nuts (I normally do two layers of each) so that the coconut is the final layer on the top.
  • Bake until the top of the cookies are golden brown...normally around 30 minutes, but each oven is different.
  • Let set overnight before you cut them up.
  • Enjoy!
Pre-oven pic
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I make something similar and call them "Magic Cookie Bars" - they're like crack! I will have to make these for my mom, she loves Samoa Girl Scout cookies and these look similar :)

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so goo! My husband would hate the coconut, but that just means more for me!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah okay, so just like Jess, my family and I make something super similar to these amazingly delicious looking little treats. Only we call them "holiday nut bars"... Even though I whip up batches of them all year round! So, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Why do you always have such good recipes ;) I can't wait to try this one out!

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always post the best recipes! I am going to have to definitely make those! They look sinfully delicious!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe looks SO yummy!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not very much of a cooking girl. I eat what i find...but this looks yummy and easy (well not for me ahahaha)....Nice and glad families all have cooking secrets right :)
    Your new follower via Bloglovin, hope you will follow back.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
  8. These bars look oh-so good!

    xo,
    Adalia
    sequinsandflorals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo